Dubai’s a vibrant and new city, with lots of amazing architecture.
- Visit the tallest building in the world. The Burj Khalifa is an amazing spire with a great observation deck. After descending back to the real world, take some time to visit the displays that shows who made the building, because it involved people from all over the world.
- Go skiing. Ski Dubai has indoor skiing and offers ski lessons. Bring your own skis, boots, and poles, or rent them there. It’s great coming in from a hot day and seeing kids who’ve never seen snow before having a fun time.
- Visit a water park. Dubai does everything bigger, including water parks. There are several to choose from, including Jumeirah’s Wild Wadi.
- Have tea in the Burj al Arab. The Burj al Arab is a stunning, iconic ship-shaped hotel just off the beach.
- Visit Ferrari World. While technically in Abu Dhabi, it’s only an hour’s drive from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
Photo: Looking down from Burj Khalifa. © 2012 by Deirdre Saoirse Moen